Cheers to the freaking weekend! Yes, I’ll drink to that.
What’s up people? How far na? I have so many things in my head to write but time, work and laziness won’t let me be. Anyway, I’ll try to fix all this weekend hopefully (as I have no plans).
Last weekend, I saw a stage play at TerraKulture titled ‘Single in Gidi’. It was a stage adaptation of discussions and a lot more happening on the Single in Gidi blog curated by Miss Gidi. There were topics ranging from dating, relationship and love and and I tell you it was an amazing play! It was directed by Kenneth Uphopho, produced by Lydia Sobogun and featured the likes of Omoye Uzamere, Meg Otanwa, Leelee Byoma, Timi Charles Fadipe, Austine Onuoha and Tosin Oguntayo.
I also saw the beautiful Titilope Sonuga from Gidi Up, Wale Adetula of the Naked Convos and there was musician and songwriter, Bez Idakula and his pretty wife. (Bez even gave us special rendition of some of his songs, amazing stuff). The stage play covered topics rangng from aso-ebi, to the hidden truth behind jogging on the Lekkki Bridge, to weddings and single-married relationships. You should go see it this Sunday (it’s the final viewing) by 3pm and 6pm. Tickets are available at the venue.
This week, I learnt/ re-discovered some new stuff which I’ll share with you
- Sleepwalking is a real thing – Came back home after work on Friday last week and I had to prepare a power point presentation for Saturday morning. Slept off early and forgot where I kept my laptop. Next morning, I was looking for the laptop and you won’t believe where I found it later.
- Eargasms are a real thing – Basic headphones/headsets/earbuds are shit. Believe me when I say so. These new ones I got recently are the real deal. I feel the background beats and it’s so beautiful. Always so beautiful
- Dancing is a stress remover – This week has been real hectic at the office. Hectic that I have considered resigning and just relaxing (I’m not). But to ease off the stress, I have taken consolation in dancing. I just come home and dance. (Quick tip: I think it’s better when you’re naked)
- Don’t check movie ratings before watching – No seriously stop it! People who comment on the internet about movies are real rude movie buffs that can make you even hate the movie before watching. So just watch whatever you want to watch and then give your views later, in the future or whenever you decide to.
- Sleep early – Yes, I started this week to sleep early and its fun. Really it is, I sleep early and wake up say 2, watch movies till 4 and then enjoy the best part of the morning sleep. Awesome stuff
Peace, love and everything you wish for!