Good day everyone. I’m very excited to be able to write today, first because of the polls I conducted on my blog and the massive response I got and more importantly, because I’m writing exactly a week after my last post (looks like someone is learning this consistency thing). So without wasting so much time, I’ll proceed to the results of the poll we took. You assess yourself by what you would have answered/you answered and let’s see how Lagosian you are
You are on your lane (either driving or seating down in passenger’s seat) and a danfo tries to overtake you. What do you do?
- 59% went for “What are you driving?” “Don’t you have eyes?”
- 19% went for I don’t say anything. I’ll probably just sigh in silence
- 14% went for Come out of the car, check if your car has any scratch
- 10% went for None of the above
Personally, I feel the “What are you driving, Don’t you have eyes” line applies to those of us who frequent the passenger’s seat. If you’re regularly behind the wheels, then you’ll probably be among the 14% that come out to check for scratches.
You are very thirsty and coming out from the office/school etc. What do you do?
- 64% went for Buy cold pure water and drink as much as I can until the organs in my body can feel it
- 18% went for Buy yoghurt/La Casera and drink it until I can find a bus
- 18% went for Buy yoghurt/La Casera and wait till I get to a bus/my car to drink
- 0% went for I’ll wait till I get home, after all we have water and food in my house
Typical. I would actually buy cold pure water too. But let me throw a question, is there a particular reason why we aren’t supposed to drink on the road? I’ve heard it before
Have you ever forgotten your change in a commercial vehicle?
- 60% went for Yes, I have.
- 30% went for I’m a guy man. They cannot deceive me
- 10% went for Yes, I have and the sum was more than N500
- 0% went for No, I drive my own car duh
Very sorry about the 10% that have forgotten more than N500. I hardly forget my change nowadays though.
You went to buy something at the store in your area and you see little children fighting. What do you do?
- 35% went for Captain America to the rescue, go and separate them
- 25% went for Pretend you didn’t see them and go to the store
- 25% went for Take your phone and make a video to post to twitter
- 15% went for Laugh and continue laughing till you go home
This is one poll that as you can see the margin between the answer and other conflicting answers is very close. I strongly believe the 35% majority are all Yoruba people first. I would be caught among the 25% either making a video, but not posting to twitter or the 15% who continue laughing.
You take a N70 bus from Ojuelegba to Onipanu. You give the conductor a N100 note halfway into the journey and he says he doesn’t have change. What do you do?
- 68% went for Ask him to look for N20 at the bus-stop
- 21% went for Insult him and make him realize that N30 is not small money and then drop
- 5% went for Leave the N30 naira for him, afterall it’s just N30
- 5% went for Follow him down to the next bus-stop, Palmgroove until he finds change
Hahaha, yes! This is spot on. I however believe many Lagosians, especially those elderly women will follow him till he gets to Palmgroove and find change, probably with the excuse that “If you steal N30 worth of stuff in the market, they will put tyre on your head and burn you”
Then, we move on to the yes/no questions
Have you ever crossed the highway ignoring the overhead bridge just close to you?
- 78% went for Yes
- 22% went for No
I think I’m among the 22% on a normal day, but days when I’m extra stressed, I’ll probably use the highway. But abeg, let’s use our overhead bridge.
Have you ever bribed or let’s say tipped an official in uniform?
- 67% went for No
- 33% went for Yes
I FLOW WITH THE MAJORITY HERE! I REPEAT I FLOW WITH THE MAJORITY
Have you ever run after a bus to get on it?
- 76% went for Yes
- 24% went for No
I hardly run for buses, really so I don’t know how this works
- 82% went for Yes
- 18% went for No
I understand the 18% and their fear for broken bottles and that the fight might get to wherever you’re standing, but try to watch one day. It’s a very funny mix of emotions.
Have you ever boarded a molue?
- 71% went for Yes
- 29% went for No
I haven’t boarded one before.
Have you ever been insulted by a market woman?
- 65% went for Yes
- 35% went for No
I can imagine it would have been a serious case for her to have insulted you, probably a case of under pricing or something or yes, pushing down her wares.
Have you ever eaten ewa agoin and bread outside your house?
- 67% went for Yes
- 33% went for No
Me, neither. I don’t like ewa agoin.
So based on popular view of people who voted, my choice was selected 6 times.
What do you think? See you next week